Square Enix Wiki talk:Coverage
Neutral Color Template
Um... I was actually planning on using that. Bud0011 21:39, 28 February 2012 (EST)
- Well now that the template's up, may as well just put references to it back in. SomeColorMage 04:45, 29 February 2012 (EST)
- Sounds good. And thank you for reversing that edit. Bud0011 08:29, 29 February 2012 (EST)
As I expressed on my user page...
I was wondering if the coverage of this wiki could be expanded to cover not just the exterior of Square Enix's games, but also the interior. As in: characters, settings, enemies, stats, etc. Obviously, the exterior coverage is incomplete, but I believe visitors to this wiki will find interior details just as interesting, if not more interesting than real-world information. If you do wish to reject this suggestion, KbSM, please explain why in detail. --The Retro Gamer 17:13, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
- There are three main reasons why this wiki's coverage is largely out-of-universe information.
- We don't want to supersede wikis, especially wikis that are members or could potentially be formed as members of the Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance (SEIWA). We don't want to compete with them for traffic or become redundant to them, instead redirecting them to our member and partner wikis for additional detailed information. As an admin of the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, I don't believe it prudent to cover too much into specific universes for that purpose. I know the folks at the Kingdom Hearts Wiki won't be too happy with it, and I'd imagine folks at other wikis (Chrono and Dragon Quest) wouldn't like to be basically replaced in their purpose by SEIWA's Square Enix Wiki. Instead, this wiki kinda serves as a hub of sorts to said wikis.
- Ideally, some in-universe information would be covered, like main characters and such, but we'd like to do first the real-world information. We'd like to try and at least complete our coverage of the games themselves before going into the in-universe stuff. However, I think a brief summary of main/significant (not all) characters as their own separate pages would be great, and is part of the reason I haven't deleted the pages in Category:Characters. Even so, I don't believe it a good idea to go in-depth (Details on enemies, stats, all characters and settings) for the prior reason. But none of this matters next to the final reason...
- I'm the only one here. I was basically given charge of trying to revive this wiki about seven months ago, and am the only one here, with occasional ideas/suggestions from my colleagues at the Kingdom Hearts Wiki and the server team (who are responsible for SEIWA at the end). But I'm the only one editing here over the last 6-7 months, so it's depressing and so I don't spend all my time here. Thus, the progress we've seen on this wiki is that of one user on an empty and unvisited place. You can see how quickly encouragement runs around here.
- Ultimately, as I stated, I think it'd be great to have some information on characters and settings, maybe even general pieces on enemies (a page on the Heartless, Nobodies, other general enemies from other series). Again, not too much information, because we don't want to supersede the existing wikis. It'd be interesting to try and make this a full wiki for the non-represented series (Final Fantasy, TWEWY, etc.), but it'd probably be better to try and lobby for having a separate full wiki for them, or at least the bigger series (Final Fantasy). I don't know, I'm open to discussing maybe expanding the coverage to full wiki style for non-SEIWA series; the only issue with that is if someone ever creates a full wiki for something like Final Fantasy after we cover it here, we'll have to go on a mass delete/summarize spree. That, or the full coverage on this wiki will discourage creation of a separate wiki, which isn't something I think we want to do as SEIWA. KeybladeSpyMaster 23:26, 3 May 2015 (UTC)